I have always been an active person, but not in the sense like I played sports in school…not like that. I have been running for quite some time now. Started out just leisurely, then got a little more devoted to it and had done several races. I have been slacking…I guess that is expected when you have a child, work, run a household and everything else. I may run once a week but it’s about that time of year when I can get out in the afternoon, it’s not terribly hot as long as I can get it in before the sun goes down. It’s about time I sign up for a race. I’ve come to find out that there’s more to exercising than running or cardio….I know, duh right?
So, interval training, Crossfit or something similar but probably not quite as intense. I have gotten better about incorporating these types of workouts and believe it or not; they are crucial to toning muscle and strengthening hips. Also, you can pull up almost anything online or Youtube and do it in the comfort of your home. Win win!! The days I know I won’t be running, if I make the time, I can squeeze in a 20 or 30-minute workout, and yes they can be just as intense as a 45-minute workout. Healthy hips are crucial when it comes to running, and the injuries I have nearly encountered in the past all come back to hip strength. I am by no means a fitness trainer or anything like that. I enjoy working out and maintaining a healthy weight while still indulging in the sweet things. It is a balance, but I try to live by the 80/20 rule – 80% of what you intake healthier foods while the other 20% and are the sweet treats.
With that being said, I am sharing the workout I have been doing lately. Only thirty minutes, but don’t let that fool you; from greatist.com Also, it is pumpkin season, and I love all things pumpkin, so here’s a delicious, easy cookie recipe from Cooking Classy Blog.
Happy Exercising and Eating!!