1. If you haven’t guessed already, I am the youngest sibling of the three of us.
2. Per my sisters, I was the “princess” as a child; however, I disagree.
3. I am the shortest.
4. We were all raised as if we were boys growing up. Our dad "blessed" us with the opportunity to learn many labor intensive skills such as bush hogging pastures and fields, bailing hay, cutting grass, weed-eating, moving wood, painting fences, picking up rocks in open fields, along with multiple other tasks.
5. Our dad still "blesses" us with these jobs when we visit.
6. I played basketball in middle and some high school.
7. Horses were my first love.
8. I competed in rodeo growing up.
9. Barrel racing was my passion.
10. I thrive off the competition and explains why I am entertained with running now.
11. I have a heart for animals and all things furry.
12. I considered becoming a vet, but I do not want to harm animals.
13. I started running in high school for fun and haven't stopped since. (except for my stress fracture :0).
14. Running is part of who I am and how I find my peace in the world's chaos.
15. I have ran many 5k races, a few half-marathons, and only 1 marathon so far.
16. The marathon distance is a little intimidating...
17. I attended Auburn University and fell in love with it.
18. I graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's in Nutrition/Dietetics.
19. I started my first "big girl" job 2 weeks after graduating.
20. Nutrition and well-being is obviously a passion of mine.
21. I love to read.
22. I have been on two mission trips to Africa, in Ghana and Kenya respectively.
23. My most recent international trip was a trip across the Rio Grande from Big Bend National Park to Boquillas, Mexico.
24. My current read is "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II, MD.
25. My career allows me to teach and counsel others about real food and hopefully change the mindset of how food affects our body day in and day out.
26. My faith is very important to me.
27. My husband and I met in April 2014, engaged two months later in June, and married in October. All within 6 months time span...I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
28. We were married in a pine thicket at my dad's house in front of a wooden cross his uncle made.
29. We love random adventures and traveling together as much as we can.
30. We love camping, hiking, kayaking, running and any other outdoor adventure we can enjoy together.
Emily is a Wife, Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, & Lactation Counselor.